Create an effective, stable, and efficient position in the saddle that adapts to you and your horse’s specific needs.
Karl Cooks 6-part Masterclass on creating a Functional Position.
Forget "Heels Down". Forget "Shoulders Back".
In this step-by-step video Masterclass, you'll un-learn everything you’ve ever been taught about what makes a “good” riding position, and you’ll re-learn how to create an effective, strong, stable, and efficient position in the saddle that adapts to you and your horse’s specific needs.START FREE TRIAL
Feel stronger, more stable, and more effective in the saddle.
In this 6-part Masterclass, you'll learn:
- What position myths and beliefs to let go of and why
- Why heels down isn’t the holy grail of riding position
- Why you shouldn’t ride without stirrups, but you should lengthen your stirrup length (for now)
- What works and doesn’t work in the saddle, and the biomechanics and logic behind why
- Examples of dysfunction and function when it comes to riding position
- What kind of strength actually helps us as riders, and what doesn’t
- The building blocks that make up what Karl calls the ‘neutral riding position’
- A step by step guide on how to begin building your own functional position
- Troubleshooting and tips
Interested? Sign Up below:START FREE TRIAL
The Neutral Riding Position
Developing a Neutral Seat & Independent Legs
Seat, Legs, & Hands 101
Potential Challenges When Rebuilding Your Position
The Building Blocks of a Functional Position
The Neutral Position: Practical Application
About Karl Cook
Karl Cook is an international show jumper currently competing at the top of the sport. Karl and renowned French rider and trainer, Eric Navet, operate Pomponio Ranch South in Rancho Santa Fe, California. Karl is well known for his innovation, fresh approach to horsemanship and high performance, and constant thirst for knowledge that helps him improve not only his own riding, training, and horse care, but also helps him contribute to the betterment of the sport overall.
People LOVE Karl Cook's Masterclasses
What else do you get as a Masterclass member?
As a member, you get unlimited access to our whole library of courses. Over 170 video lessons, over 1,000 pages of workbook material, monthly webinars, giveaways and a supportive community of fellow equestrians.
Browse our other Masterclasses:
Ian Millar Teaches Body Control & Feel
Karl Cook Teaches Strategic Riding
Mette Larsen Teaches Dressage for All Disciplines
Archie Cox teaches Standing Out In The Hunter Ring
Missy Clark teaches Recognizing and Riding the distance to Jumps
Tonya Johnston teaches Becoming a Consistent Rider
Ian Millar teaches The Foundations of Success for Equestrians
Annette Paterakis teaches Become a More Confident Rider
Anne Kursinksi teaches Connecting with your Horse
Taken straight from our Facebook page.