Feel confident in the turns.
Olympian Martin Fuchs shares the exercises he uses for faster, more efficient, powerful turns on course that helped him rise to #2 in the FEI world rankings.
Do tight rollbacks make you nervous? Do you see ultra-fast jump off rounds and think "I could never do that!"? Wish you knew how to turn faster and more safely while staying organized?
If so, this Masterclass is for you.
Balanced, organized turns are the secret to winning jumper and equitation rounds at any level…
Excerpt from Martin's Masterclass:
You can learn how to win a jump off without jumping a single jump.
In this masterclass, Martin teaches you the specific flatwork exercises that he uses to train better turns, and takes you through each exercise step by step, breaking them down into practical lessons that anyone can use at any level for more confident, balanced, purposeful turns.
You'll learn the exact process that he used to improve his turns on course with his best horse, Clooney, to help the pair reach #2 in the world.
You’ll also learn step-by-step how to plan smarter tracks, incorporate your new skills into your courses, and ride to win through better flatwork and a more efficient line and track.
- Lesson 1: Why Turns Matter
- Understanding the importance of good turns during any type of course
- Why balanced turns are so critical
- What can go wrong when riders don’t properly train the turn
- Common mistakes Martin often sees on course
- How good turns can often make all the difference on course
- Lesson 2: Flatwork for Turns - The Shoulder In
- Why flatwork is the critical element when it comes to better turns
- How controlling the horse’s shoulder helps create straightness and balance which leads to more power and better jumping
- How the shoulder in exercise teaches both horse and rider the skills needed to create more efficient, organized, balanced turns on course
- A step-by-step guide on how to properly learn and practice a shoulder in
- Lesson 3: Flatwork for Turns - The Basic Canter Pirouette
- What Martin was struggling with in his turns on course, even at the international grand prix level
- How Martin used canter pirouettes to change the way he and his best horse, Clooney, were able to execute turns on course
- How the skills learned in the shoulder in exercise feed directly into the canter pirouette exercise
- How the canter pirouette creates strength, balance, and precision for your turns
- How to introduce a very basic canter pirouette at any level
- How to advance your canter pirouette exercise as you progress
- Troubleshooting the canter pirouette
- Lesson 4: Better Turns on Course
- Using your flatwork skills on course
- Why smarter riding always beats faster riding
- How to plan a more efficient track
- How to balance in your turns on course
- Troubleshooting common issues in rollback turns and tight turns on course
Meet Your Instructor
Martin is a Swiss Olympic show jumper who climbed to World #1 ranking in 2020, and is currently ranked 2nd in the world on the FEI Longines World rankings.
Martin competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where he finished sixth with his team and ninth individually.
In 2019, he won the individual gold at the European Championship in Rotterdam.
Martin's uncle Markus Fuchs is a five-time Olympian and won a team silver in show jumping at the 2000 Summer Olympics.
His father, Thomas, competed at the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona and his mother, Renata, was also an elite show jumper.
What else do you get as a Masterclass member?
As a member, you get unlimited access to our whole library of courses. Over 70 video lessons, over 1,000 pages of workbook material, monthly webinars, giveaways and a supportive community of fellow equestrians.
Browse our other Masterclasses:
Archie Cox teaches Standing Out In The Hunter Ring
Missy Clark teaches Recognizing and Riding the distance to Jumps
Tonya Johnston teaches Becoming a Consistent Rider
Ian Millar teaches The Foundations of Success for Equestrians
Annette Paterakis teaches Become a More Confident Rider
Anne Kursinksi teaches Connecting with your Horse
We've helped thousands of riders.
Read some of our reviews taken straight from our Facebook page.